Thursday, May 3, 2012

12th Acupuncture Treatment...

Today was my 12th acupuncture treatment... we have made so much progress, but there is still progress to be made.  So, today my practioner suggested a process called cupping and bleeding.  

She began by telling me that it would definitely bruise.  I had experienced cupping before at the massage therapists, but not this kind!  That was gentle and felt good.  This was much different.  To begin, she placed 24 needles in normal spots as previous treatments (though 2 new spots were added) and then she placed one in my cheek and moved it around a bit - I guess that was the bleeding portion.  Then she placed a large deep suction cup on my face over the needle and had an aparatus like a cualk gun that she pumped to increase the suction on the cup... it got really tight.  She left the cup on my face without anything suppporting it for the entire half hour.  And the picture is what it looked like as soon as I left her office.   Not sure what it will look like tomorrow but will find out!

No comments: