Friday, April 29, 2011

At the Coffee Shop this Morning...

Went to the Coffee Shop this morning and while there, they had the royal wedding on.  Of course it was the talk of the shop!

Found it interesting... a police officer whom I knew and the barista and I were talking about the wedding... the police officer said his favorite quote from the minister's homily was this "Do not be haughty but associate with the lowly."  He went on to say... that means they are to associate with me.  He felt included in that comment.

I find this totally interesting... context is everything!

This officer is a churched person and the quote was from Romans 12:16.   He was stunned when I told him that it was right out of the Bible!  Then I showed him the place in my kindle version which is the NLT and doesn't translate it quite that way.  The NLT says... "Don’t be too proud to enjoy the company of ordinary people. And don’t think you know it all!"

All of this got me to thinking...

What if, we who are Christian... took that verse to heart?

No comments: