Tuesday, March 15, 2011

So Happy!

I am so happy to be part of a church where leaders lead!

I am also happy to be part of a church where decisions can happen quickly and we don't have ten hoops to jump through in order to get to where we need to go.  And where it is understood that the building we use is for more than Sunday mornings!

This morning while I was walking at the mall (my daily walk) I got a phone call from the Coordinator of our homeless shelter program here in Salisbury saying the my friends at Wicomico Presbyterian Church had a water main break last night and might need to find another place to house the guys that are part of their shelter this week.  I told her that I knew of no reason why Community of Joy would not be available, but I would check out a couple of things and get back to her.  In the meantime, I called my friend at Wicomico Presbyterian to see what was needed.  Then I emailed our Leadership Team to see if anyone objected to offering our ministry Center.  And by 9 or 9:30 I had responses enough to know that I could give my friend a "we got your back" call.  Which I did.

Delighted to learn about 2 p.m. that they were able to get the leak repaired and could complete the week in their facility.  Delighted for them, not necessarily that our place wouldn't be used... just happy that they get to experience the FULL blessing of hosting the shelter!  This is only their second year and they are really enjoying it and doing a FANTASTIC job at it!

I am also thankful for the ways that the various churches of our county are working together to be on mission for Jesus!

No comments: