Saturday, March 19, 2011

Another thing I enjoy...

I love to hunt... but in addition to that, I really enjoy doing taxidermy work.  When we lived in PA and I needed a taxidermist to fix a deer horn for me, I found one who became a dear friend.  Lewis Fisher was more than willing to allow me to watch him, learn from him, help him.   I spent many hours in his shop learning and helping and deepening our friendship.  I will be forever grateful for his friendship and his mentoring!

Since coming here to the shore, I have continued to apply what I learned there.  Here is my latest project.  My first 6 pt sika stag with a bow...


It still needs to dry and then be painted and finally hung on my family room wall!  Thankful that my wife allows me to have one of my trophies in the family room!

No comments: