Sunday, January 31, 2010

A thought....


After I got up this morning... I visited a couple blogs of pastors that I find inspirational to me. And then this evening, I watched a local worship gathering. All were of the mind set that the doors of the church must be open at all costs on a snowy Sunday like today. All were of the mindset that they must be open to reach the unreached. But, I must differ!

While I hate to cancel worship, there was no way that we would have been able to pull it off today due to having nearly 12 inches. Besides, I think a greater way to reach the "unreached" is to find ways to serve them. Taking advantage of time we would have spent in worship...why not shovel a neighbor's drive or some other act of kindness and blessing. I am delighted to learn that several families from CoJ did just that today! I know I sure enjoyed having the opportunity to use the ministry Center's snow blower to clear the driveways and sidewalks for three of the ministry center's neighbors! They were so thankful! One hugged me and thanked me profusely! Nearly in tears, she was so touched!

Interesting note... Serving others is what I was going to preach on today... and now it will be next week! And already CoJ folks are busy serving!

Thanks to Daryl See for serving today at the ministry center shoveling and blowing snow!

No comments: