Thursday, January 21, 2010

The Million Dollar Question

Last night at Passages (Bible Study) we talked a lot about, why more people don't avail themselves of something that is so powerful. That, for me, is the million dollar question.

We claim to be in a relationship with Jesus, but that relationship stagnates without spiritual practices in our lives that enhance it. One of the greatest practices I have implemented in my life is reading and reflecting on Scripture. And of the many people I have discipled over the years, they would agree there is no substitute. In fact that is what got the conversation started last night. Bible reading, study, and reflection has powerfully transformed the lives of all who do it.

I have had seasons when I am not on my A Game with this like I want to be and I have had seasons when I am on the top of my A Game with this spiritual discipline. And I can only say that the seasons when I am on my A Game, life is so much more enjoyable.

I am working at offering some other options to make available to folks so that they can experience the difference it makes in life!

No comments: