Friday, January 22, 2010

Double Excitement!

This weekend holds some double excitement for me. First, tonight I am gonna see a High School friend that I haven't seen since we walked across the stage in 1983 @ Easton High. We recently connected on Facebook and from that came an invitation to officiate her wedding in March. We will meet for the counseling and planning time tonight and will no doubt enjoy time catching up!

Second, on Sunday night, I am staying the over night shift at Wicomico Presbyterian Church's Homeless Shelter. So excited about that too! Since we couldn't get two weeks back to back for the Community of Joy Shelter this year (because they gave one of our weeks away), I set out to see if I couldn't get another church to come on board with the ministry. And sure enough, Wicomico Pres. stepped up in a BIG way and is opening their facility. I promised that Community of Joy would help supplement and that we are. We have 4 men taking turns on the overnight 12 midnight to 7 a.m. shifts this week! Then we get to do it all again in February at Community of Joy! What a blessing that is to be able to serve in this way.

The weekend will begin and end in a great way!

No comments: