Saturday, July 26, 2008

What do you see....


When you look at this picture... what do you see?

Sure there is a really great couple who are VERY happy to have this car finished. Sure there is a Classic Mustang that has been given a new birth. But beyond the obvious... What do you see?
I see so many things...
1. Answered Prayer --- this has been a very challenging journey for Glenn and Cindy as it took longer than anticipated to get this car on the road... but they will both tell you that through prayer, the car is now on the road. All this last week, I wanted to call Glenn to see how he was coming on the car, but didn't because I didn't want to frustrate him... knowing that it was not going as hoped... SO, I prayed each time I thought about calling. I was DELIGHTED to get a call from Glenn last night saying it was done... and he was so excited that he took it for a test spin from Delmar and ended up in Allen (forgetting that the car neither had a hood nor tags!)
2. I see a courageous lady who is drawing her strength from the Lord as she battles cancer and has long since beaten the odds she was given when they discovered it! Cindy you inspire me!
3. I see a husband who will go to great lengths to make his wife happy! Glen, I could learn from you!
4. I see the combined effort and love of lots of people who chipped in to make this car a reality! From top to bottom... friends and new acqaintences have stepped up to the plate to help out... this is the way it should be in the world!
4. I see a dream come true... Cindy has always dreamed of owning a 1966 Mustang and now she not only owns one, but what a car it is!
5. I see God... for without God's involvement in this journey... the car would not have been at the car show today!
CONGRATS Cindy and Glenn! It is a real beauty! Can't wait to see it again tomorrow at the Community of Joy Ministry Center... hope you don't have plans after the worship gathering!

No comments: