Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Looking for God....


God sometimes shows up in the most unexpected ways!


This is the story I promised a little while ago...
Recently, I ordered a load of stones for our Ministry Center Parking Lot....the driver was unable to do a good job spreading them out and left them in LOTS of BIG piles. I had put out an email earlier in the week seeking help on Saturday at 9 a.m.
No help came... I couldn't do it alone, especially having just had a medical procedure the day before that meant, I probably shouldn't have been there at all! About 9:15... Glenn stops as he is driving by to get Cindy's car running. He racks his brain for people who could bring a tractor to help out... I hated to take too much of his time... as this car is really important.... Glenn offered a time the following week to spread them if they didn't get done that day. At 10:15, I decided that was a good idea... so, I roped off that entrance and called the two folks that use that area to tell them that they would need to park elsewhere on Sunday.
At noon, Glenn called to say he and his friend would be by in an hour with his friend's bobcat and rollback truck to get the job done. I left 15 minutes later to go meet them there... when I arrived at the Ministry Center the stones were SPREAD!
I immediately called Glenn to tell him what I found and he said he hadn't even gotten the bobcat loaded yet... I told him not to and thanked him for his willingness.
After some investigation, I discovered that Tri had come about 10:30 and was working on the piles by himself when a guy rode by on his bicycle and stopped to say that he had a machine that could do the job... Tri told him that he was not authorized to pay anything for the work... the guy said he wasn't looking for any compensation... God was directing him to help out! He rode his bike to his place of business and brought a nearly new Kubota backhoe and spread the stones in less than an hour! What a blessing Jimmy was to us that day!
Isn't it truly amazing how God works! He is ALWAYS at work around us... and sometimes we get the privilege to see him work. God's ways are higher than my ways! What an incredible journey it has been! THANKS be to GOD!


No comments: