Thursday, July 17, 2008

What a Day!

We lost water last Saturday... but since Sharon and Emma left on Saturday and I was going away on Sunday and Caroline was staying with a friend, I scheduled a plumber to come on this morning. When I spoke with him, we had water, just lots of air bursts in it. He was supposed to come today at 8 a.m. When he hadn't called or showed by 9, I called him... he was at an emergency (like ours wasn't?! to be fair... he didn't know we were out of water -- also he had written down the wrong number for us). He said he would be here in 45 minutes... then at 11:30 he called to say he would be in 15 minutes.... by 12:05 he arrived. Only to find that -- at first he thought my well was having problems ... after cutting off the top of the well pipe, we found that there is water at 12 feet, so for now we are investigating other options... like a check valve, the line from the well to the house, maybe even the pump... though it is just 2 years and one month old! I am relieved that it appears NOT to be the well. And hope it is not the pump.... as it is only warrantied for 18 months from manufacture or 12 months from installation, whichever is shorter! How is that for a warranty???!!!!!!!!!!!

The girls are excited to get water soon... so am I! Hope it happens yet today... as of now the plumber is on lunch break and it is 1:30.

It's fixed...2 hours later... $245 later... to replace a check valve! Wow... $85 an hour for labor... I guess I need to get a different job... When I was doing carpentry work, you carried your tools with you when you arrived at the job... now, they leave them in the van and send the helper to get them as they are needed! UNBELIEVABLE!

No comments: