Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Watch Out....

Today, three very nice looking, well dressed ladies came around the neighborhood going door to door. I saw they had bibles in their hands and I chose to keep working...

You probably guessed it by now... they were Jehovah's Witnesses. I know that because they left some literature in my door... inviting me to a "celebration of Jesus' death" on Saturday March 22.

If you weren't a discerning person, you would look at the material and think... that sounds like a great christian church and I want to go... BUT beware! They have many strange beliefs including denying the trinity, Jesus' physical resurrection, only 144,000 people will be selected to dwell in heaven, and on and on... Many strange beliefs that make me say... BEWARE!

And besides... why not celebrate Jesus' resurrection too... on their official website, the only holiday celebration they allow is the annual celebration of Jesus' death NOT his resurrection... I am sorry, but not for me.. his resurrection is a cornerstone of my faith!

No comments: