Monday, March 3, 2008

God uses the lost, least and last!

I was reading in I Samuel this morning... the calling of Saul to be King and I was struck by Saul's comment of surprise that God would choose him because he came from the smallest, weakest tribe of all! Isn't it neat how God often chooses the least, the last, the lost to use for his purposes? Isn't it neat how God uses average people to accomplish great things! Isn't it neat how God strengthens the weak, empowers the powerless, and lifts up the lowly!

Today, I am feeling very grateful to be on this incredible journey with God! I feel so unworthy of all that God is doing in my life and in the life of our congregation! Truly amazing things are happening right now at Community of Joy and God gets ALL the praise! Ministry is often a roller coaster ride, and right now the view is spectacular! Thanks be to God for using average, everyday people to accomplish great things!

No comments: