Thursday, March 20, 2008

Tonight... one of the most meaningful...

Tonight @ 6:30 p.m. at the ministry center, we will participate in one of the most meaningful worship gatherings ever... We call it the Love Feast. It is taken out of John 13... Jesus' last supper with his disciples. We spend some time reflecting and sharing, then we eat a simple meal together and then you guessed it, we wash feet. Finally we receive communion, sing a song and go on our way.

Lots of people get freaked out about the feet washing deal... but Jesus calls us to be humble servants and there is not an act we can do in worship that is more humble or servant than wash some one's feet.

Always a highlight for me... looking forward to it!

1 comment:

cathy b. said...

I wrote a "report" on my blog about last night's experience. Another blogger had been writing about his Tenebrae plans and he asked me to report about footwashing. Another person wrote a nice description of their own experience in his comments section.
If you read my blog and see any errors, could you let me know and I can edit them?