Saturday, March 1, 2008

A Walk Down Memory Lane...


Today, I took a walk down memory lane... It started with a very nice Celebration of Life service for a special lady... Mrs. Jean Judy, at the Ridgely Church of the Brethren. LOTS of people came to support the family and to thank God for Jean's life and ministry.


Then I went to the woods at my parent's. First walking through the woods I hunt that my parents own... in the process... saw this little guy above. It is a flying squirrel... very nocturnal until someone knocks over the tree they live in. It was about to fall over and I pushed it and down it came... I had no idea the little guy was in there... but he was and out he ran... and I snapped this picture.
Then I went to a woods that I hunted a lot as a boy and used to trap muskrats in the stream there... The woods has sure changed, but the memories came flooding back. What great memories and what a great place to grow up.
Then I enjoyed spending some time visiting with my parents... it was a GREAT DAY! Just what I was needing!

1 comment:

cathy b. said...

Your post reminded me of my old family homestead http://www.gjbgraphics.com/usefulstring/crest.html
which is no longer in the family, but we visit it anyways. How fortunate that your and my families each have a familiar woods to visit. When I taught in Baltimore City I realized that my students had not had that experience. Another family experience you may have had that many others miss: attics. I had attics worthy of CS Lewis.

I enjoyed COJ's contemporary service today. Not too loud, either!