Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Shelter....

One of the guys we sheltered in February when we did the homeless shelter at our ministry center, stopped by last night as Tri and I were setting up for Love Feast. He had been told that they were at our place this week. Which was incorrect... but I took him over to Cathedral of Love where they are being sheltered this week. He had 3 big bags of clothes and a duffel bag, so I helped him carry them in... and I got to visit for a while with some of the guys. It was good to see them again... we will get to see them this coming week as we are helping with the final week of the Community Emergency Shelter Project that will be at Blind Industries.

I still hope that we can find a place soon that could serve as a day center where we could bring together the services these guys need to get their lives turned around and back in a normal groove. It is so sad the hopelessness and despair that drives many of them... oh how a day center would help turn that around for some of them. Join me in praying for a building in the downtown area that can be easily walked to and can be used as a sort of "one-stop- hope center!

No comments: