Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Mornings like this....


Mornings like this get my turkey hunting juices flowing!  As I walk out to get the paper, the dark of night is giving way to the silver light of morning and the quiet is filled with the melodious songs of the dawn chorus.  My how the birds are happy this morning.  There is no more beautiful time of the year to get up way before daylight and walk in the dark to the woods edge, sit in my favorite spot and wait, listen, watch, and hope.   The first sounds to break the silence are the beautiful song birds.  Then as the morning light gets more intense, the unmistakable sound of a big ole tom turkey announcing his presence to all the hens jump starts the heart!   And before long it is game on...


Nothing I love more in the spring time then being out in the turkey woods!   April 18 can't get here soon enough!

No comments: