Monday, October 3, 2011

Welcome...

It is always interesting to attend another church, besides the one you lead!  The place we went on Sunday was one we attend often when we visit Caroline, so we are no strangers there.  But you would think we have some horible disease!  As no one, besides the people we already know, speaks to us.

Thought that this was going to be the case again on Sunday, until this lady and her husband came up to us right before worship to welcome us - I guess that is what it was!  They came up smiling and stuck their hands out said "welcome!"  "And who are you?"...

I prefer to say, "Hi, I am Martin and what is your name?"  It feels a whole lot more welcoming!

One other reflection... when we entered the building... someone greeted us with a name tag on that said "Welcome" Today's Greeter".... Well, in my opnion, they would be better off, having people assigned to be greeters, but without name tags telling me that is why they greeted me!

It is interesting how unfriendly some churches can be!  I sure hope Community of Joy is not that way!  I am sure we miss the boat sometimes, but I hope not often!

No comments: