Friday, October 28, 2011

Cold BUT....

I was in the whitetail woods this morning for the first time this fall.  It sure was COLD, but it was a beautiful time out! 

The wood ducks and mallards were very active about 30 yards beside me in the river.  The squirrels were not as active this morning as I thought they might be.  A bald eagle flew around and over me.  Saw a nice buck as I walked in and jumped a deer that I did not see but nothing while on stand.  Nothing deer wise that is.  I did enjoy watching three young foxes playing nearby in the woods.  Two ran off.  And one decided to lay down to take a nap - twice.  He laid there over an hour just 20 plus yards away.  For a while he groomed himself and then he fell asleep.  The sound of a squirrel hoping in the leaves awakened him, but he was too much in a daze to catch it.  Rather than laying still and waiting for the squirrel to take a few more hops, he stood up and stretched and thus gave his location away... the squirrel jumped on the nearest tree and was out of there!

Beautiful to be out in the woods this day!

No comments: