Thursday, October 13, 2011

An interesting approach....

As I travel long distances by myself, I listen to podcasts of several pastors sermons and other leadership material.  Yesterday on my way to and from the Area One Church of the Brethren Pastor's group I was listening to the final two of Andy Stanley's sermons in a series called "Road to Recovery".   I HIGHLY recommend this series.  Infact, it might be fun to watch them in a group and discuss.  I think Andy has lots of good things to say about the state of our nation and our economy.

One thing he said that resonates with me is this.... he says that many churches and non-profits are struggling financially right now and are blaming the economy for it.  He says it is the economy but not the way we think it is. Andy says that people are living in fear of the future so they are holding on to more of their funds than giving.  The shortage is not necessarily that things have gotten more expensive or funds tighter but that fear is making people hold on tighter.   I think that this makes sense.

No comments: