Monday, October 10, 2011

Being the Body...

Spent the day today being the body!  And it is a great thing to be!

Started yesterday when one of our folks who was having surgery today was struggling to accept the offers of people from Community of Joy to be the body... to transport to and from the surgery.  It's hard to let others do for you.  It is easier to do for others.  But it is important to be both... to be the body of Christ for others and to allow others to be the body for us! 

I was happy to be the one who was able to serve and share love in this way, but I am also delighted when others step up and serve and share love with me.  It is a two way street!

If you are one who is eager to help others but struggles to allow others to help you, I challenge you to change that pronto!  Please be eager to let others be the body of Christ to you too!  It is how God designed us... to be mutually dependant on each other!  The body is not complete unless you serve and allow others to serve you!

Here are the lyrics to a song that captures well what I am saying...

"Will you let me be your servant
Let me be as Christ to you
Pray that I might have the grace
To let me be your servant too"


1 comment:

cathy b. said...

Good verse!
I'm also reminded of Christ washing my feet.