Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Life Stages....

I love the stage of life that I am in right now! 

As our children grew and moved from one stage to another, Sharon and I would often say, how much we loved the stage we were entering and how much we missed the stage we left.  Not any more!

On Friday, we crossed into a new stage for us.  All four of us can now drive by ourselves.  And I absolutely love it!  After years of playing taxi driver, I now find that I have more time on my hands and less to worry about in my daily schedule.  Yesterday was the first day that I didn't have to be concerned about when I needed to leave to pick up Emma or take her some place and it was freeing!

Caroline is soaring in her second year of college and is going to new heights as a young adult and it is wonderful to see!  She is discovering who she is and living out of her gifts!  It was so wonderful to see her thriving in her environment this past weekend!

All of that leaves Sharon and me more time to enjoy being together and that has been wonderful too!  We enjoy walking at the mall in the morning, going out to eat, watching football together, and just hanging out!  Now we don't have to worry about who will go where to get whom.

It also leaves me more able to do things that I enjoy doing as well. 

Absolutely love this stage of life!   

No comments: