Monday, October 17, 2011

Outta Here for a bit....

This week was supposed to be a week's vacation for me, but due to some sad circumstances I am not taking the full week.  Praying for the family of our District Executive, whose father died this past week.  Gene was scheduled to preach for me on Sunday and now can't due to the memorial service for his dad.  So, I will be back from vacation to fill-in on Sunday.

It will not be a sermon as such but a time of reading, reflecting, and listening to God as we look at John 15:1-17.

I had promised a friend that I would work with him this week guiding sika hunters for the early muzzleloader season on Thursday through Saturday, so I can't change the dates of my time off.  It just seemed easier at the last minute to step back in on Sunday.  Thankfully, we had another Sunday off so that we could go to Caroline's Family Weekend at Bridgewater College and that weekend was not a vacation due to my being away the entire week before for my Advance Foundations of Church Leadership Cohort.

I am looking forward to the next week in the marshland of Dorchester County... Crapo, MD.  Love the harsh habitat, and the sounds and sights of Maryland's little elk.  Also looking forward to seeing some good friends who will return this year to hunt with us! 

Hopefully I will get some great photos too!

No comments: