Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Steps Toward Renewal

After 20 years of Ministry, I find myself getting weary.  I have blogged about that before. 

Now I am taking steps toward renewal for me.  In 2011, I plan to reclaim a REGULAR DAY OFF!  This is a practice that I let slide when I was needing to provide morning and evening transportation to school for our girls, and just never picked it back up.  But I am making a covenant with myself to religiously take a day off each week.  I have decided that the day will be Fridays. 

One thing that pastors never get is the chance to have a weekend... so, when I can, I will also take Saturdays too.  But when we have a congregational or district event on Saturday, I will be there.

One other thing I am doing again this year to help with renewal... is I am taking 3 days in Ocean City.  I did this two years ago and found it totally refreshing.  The cost of hotel's during this off season is reasonable and the change of scenery is helpful.  So in a week or so, I plan to go to OC to plan sermons for 2011 and do some reading.

Renewal doesn't happen if we don't take steps toward finding it.  What about you?

No comments: