Monday, January 3, 2011

A Father's Answered Prayers...

As a father, I want the best for my children.  What father doesn't?  And I want them to utilize the gifts that God has given them.  I also desire to see my daughters be strong women of faith.

But as a Pastor, I worry from time to time about how being in the fishbowl will affect my girls.  I have seen pastor's kids (PKs) turn sour on the church and even walk away from the church.  I pray regularly that this will not happen with my girls.  I also have been concerned what college will do to their faith as college is traditionally a time when youth walk away or back-burner the church and faith.

All fall, we have been delighted that Caroline has been frequently attending church at Harrisonburg First Church of the Brethren.  Yesterday, we got to hear her sing a duet with a friend in worship.  She did a GREAT job!  And in a couple weeks she will be leading worship - again, I am confident that she will do a great job!  As a parent and a pastor, it is so wonderful to see your children exercise their gifts in leadership in the church!  Nothing warms my heart more!

And not to leave Emma out ... yesterday, she was asked to read Scripture in worship and she did a GREAT job too!  Very confident and well articulated!  Again, what a heart warming experience!  

So proud of both my girls and happy that their faith is real and their love for the Lord and the church is an important part of who they are!

No comments: