Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Sometimes it helps to hear someone else...

Sometimes it is helpful to get a perspective of someone else.  Especially when you are very close to a situation and they are from the outside looking in.  This is true in LOTS of areas of life.  But I found it true for me on Sunday too!

Sunday, I share a sermon where I looked back at 2010 and all that we have done at Community of Joy this past year and the many things that have taken place.  I confess that often, I feel that we aren't doing enough and long to do more and have greater impact in our community and world.

On Sunday after the worship gathering, I heard from two outside persons who have some familiarity with our congregation for many years express amazement at all that we are accomplishing at Community of Joy.  In fact one went so far as to say that he never thought we would be where we are today.

Good to hear!

I am thankful to be part of a group of people who are willing to take on challenge and are not afraid to venture into new territory for the sake of Jesus' mission.

No comments: