Thursday, September 24, 2009

Thoughts on Forgiveness

Forgiveness is so important to experience and to extend in our lives. Here are some thoughts on Forgiveness.

"Ultimately, forgiveness is a gift of grace rather than an act of will. I have to be willing to forgive, but I cannot will myself to forgive. I can forgive with my mind, but forgiveness is finally a matter of the heart. And forgiveness of the heart comes from God, not from me." Madeleine L'Engle

"To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." C.S. Lewis

"He who cannot forgive another breaks the bridge over which he must pass himself." George Herbert

"When we genuinely forgive, we set a prisioner free and then we discover that the prisioner we set free was us." Phillip Yancey

No comments: