Wednesday, September 16, 2009

From What Day Off to What a Day Off!











I confess, that I have been very lax about taking a day off lately! And I confess that my life is so intertwined with my work that it is hard to separate the two... often you can't. But with the addition of the Saturday night 5:35, I have discovered that I need to be religious about a day off! It is VITAL.

So yesterday, I went from "What day off?" to WHAT A DAY OFF!!!!!

Spent the day with my friend and fellow church member, Martin Hansen doing something that we both love to do... bowhunt! It was an AWESOME day! I got up at 3 a.m. and met Martin at 4 was in the tree by 6 and stayed until 11. Didn't see a thing (oh, did see one fox squirrel) BUT I enjoyed the time of silence, prayer, reflection and just appreciating God's beautiful creation. At 11 I climbed down and talked to Martin about his hunt, then we moved a ladder stand and looked around. Saw a few young sikas near the lodge, got lunch, tried to do some work on trails - but were thwarted! Then took a long ride in an argo out to the edge of the river and enjoyed sitting and listening, praying and reflecting, and waiting for deer to come from 4-7:30. I did hear some dear walking in the water, but didn't see them. Did see one at dark, but only was a dark blob running through the water. Heard 5 stags bugle and watched several woodducks flying and swimming. Got home last night at 10 for supper and a shower and then bed!

I so enjoy getting out in the woods! What a GREAT DAY OFF!

No comments: