Thursday, September 17, 2009

Reality or Just Words???

I am about to pull my hair out in dealing with the Erie Insurance Company. I still don't have a number for my truck. I know it is totaled, but no number yet. The accident was almost 2 weeks ago. Everytime I call them, you get a welcoming recording that says that they are all about great customer service. But my experience says that those are just words...NOT reality!

At Community of Joy, our sign, mission, and core values lift say that we want to be all about relationships that matter. But unless we work at making relationships matter, those words will just be words not reality. I don't want them to just be words... I want Community of Joy to be known for being a place where relationships matter. But it takes all of us reaching out beyond our circles to great, welcome, get to know, and serve those we don't know or don't know well as well as those we already know.

It delights me to hear from one young adult who was with us for the summer tell me what a GREAT experience she has had among us. How she felt so welcomed and valued and loved. And it delights me to hear anohter young adult who was away for the summer say that he feels so welcomed by us and so enjoys the ways we reach out to show love.

So, keep it up! Let's truly be a place where relationships matter! Really!

No comments: