Monday, August 31, 2009

Thoughts on the Monday After....

Yesterday afternoon, Sharon asked me how I was feeling now that I had completed a full weekend of my new schedule. And I told her that I was not as tired as I thought I might be after preaching 3 times. I was/am actually quite encouraged and excited!

While we have a ways to go and some bugs to tweak, I am confident that adding a Saturday night worship gathering is a great move. It allows opportunities and makes room for growth. Our attendance for the first worship gathering was good, and the weekend attendance was about what it has been running. However, there were 7 people at the Saturday gathering that would not have been in any of the gatherings if we didn't have a Saturday and 6 of those were totally new. In addition 3 others got to participate in a full worship gathering that otherwise would not have happened.

The 10:30 on Sunday was a bit slim, but we needed to make room in it for growth, so now we have room!

The biggest thing that will take some getting used to is the restrictions that needing to be present on both Sat. and Sun. brings to our family's life! There will be lots of things we just can't do now or will have to do differently. The first such challenge is coming up when we take Caroline to Bridgewater College's Open House5.5 hours away. They only offer them on Saturdays and there is no way we can make it back for the 5:35. But I will get someone to fill in and we will go.

It was nice to be casually dressed for worship too! I loved preaching in shorts and not worrying about what I was wearing! Also liked not having a bulletin to hand out! And I liked having the lights off, except the stage area!

Here's to a great launch!

No comments: