Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Big Problems....


I have a LARGE dump truck load of dirt in my back yard. $400 worth of dirt!... No it's not gold! But it is a BIG pile. As I was shoveling this morning, I was thinking... how do you handle BIG problems?

First and foremost, give them to God! He is BIG enough to handle ALL our problems, especially the large ones. Second, break them into little steps. Don't look at the whole problem. Look at it in steps. If I chose to look a the BIG pile of dirt in my back yard, I would be immobilized by its size and the gigantic task ahead of me. But when I choose to look at it in small steps, I say to my self... several shovels of dirt each morning and evening and in a few days the pile will be leveled, the task ahead doesn't seem as daunting!

Another way to approach big problems is to allow others to help out. The old adage is really true... many hands make light work. I tried to encourage Emma and Brittany to help me shovel tonight after soccer practice!

I think the same approach is a good one in all of life. Don't look at the enormity of the problem. Break it into small steps. First step is to give it to God. And allow others to help you whne they can or offer!

And if you must look at the enormity of something, then look at the enormity of God. Nothing is too big or small for him!

1 comment:

StacyMae67 said...

You gave a sermon once and the basic idea was that when we see God as the great big GOD that He is, our problems seem much smaller. I can't tell you how many times I've thought of that when facing a big problem. I think you're advice here is good advice. Something we can use in our daily lives :) Keep shoveling!