Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Met with My Friend Ryan Today....

Just got back an hour or so ago from Ocean City where I had an extended lunch with my friend Ryan Braught, who is vacationing there with his family before in a little more than a month he and his wife step out of the boat. Ryan and Kim have felt God's call to plant a new Church of the Brethren Congregation in the Lancaster, PA area called Veritas. It will not be a traditional church plant but is seeking to be a missional community... very much like the original church. Calling people to a lifestyle of living the faith and sharing the faith and being the hands and feet of Jesus.

I am excited for Ryan and Kim!

I have known them for several years now and have sought to mentor Ryan, sharing ideas, books, and praying for and with him as he has made this journey. Today it was exciting to hear about the people who will join him as a core group and the pre-launch plans they have as well as the funding that is coming in. I wish I had some significant money to sow in this mission. I will sow some, but he still needs more.... his faith is strong, he is trusting God and is seeking part time employment as well.

I am on Ryan's prayer team as well. I also invite you to be in prayer for Ryan and Kim and God's blessings on them as they follow his call.... into the unknown.

No comments: