Friday, June 26, 2009

Two Highlights of the day...







Two highlights of my day, as I work from Virginia... 1. talking to 103 year old Aunt Mattie... who was enjoying her birthday celebrations today!
And my pastoral visit with our BVSer (Brethren Volunteer Service worker), Janice Miller who is serving an 8 month assignment at the Valley Brethren and Mennonite Crossroads facility. Janice almost surprised me and was nearly gone when I arrived. I wanted to surprise her and drop in totally unexpected... but when I arrived, I was told she had just left. Lucky for me, she had driven to the hill top to lock one of the buildings before leaving, so I was able to walk over to the lane she was driving down and pretend to be a hitch hiker. It was fun to briefly catch up and hear how her summer is going. She sends her greetings to all!
The pictured buildings are all part of the facility that is gathering up and relocating historic Church of the Brethren and Mennonite buildings in the area to create a neat historic destination!





No comments: