Saturday, June 6, 2009

Not on Sunday....

Twice in the past month, I have called a service provider company to tell them of a problem. First it was the Cable company when I cut the cable while planting azeleas. That Sunday was Mother's Day to boot... and they wanted to send out a service tech on Sunday to fix my problem. I told them THANKS, BUT NO WAY! NOT on Sunday and especially not on Mother's Day. And then the person offered Tuesday. So, I said, if you can't come on Monday, then surely come on Tuesday and that is how we left it and what they did!

Yesterday (Friday) I called the phone company to tell them that my office line was not working and from the outside test I did, it appeared to be in their line. (in case you are wondering, I didn't do any more digging and I have had problems with this line for a while, but it always worked until recently!) The service tech came today as promised and said they would get me cared for this afternoon. About noon, the phone rang and it was the company saying they would have someone on location tomorrow to put in a new line. I said, again... ABSOLUTELY NOT! NOT on Sunday! So, the phone will be fixed on Monday!

Interesting how twice now, I have been offered a Sunday as a day to fix something that is down. And that is what happens when we Christians don't "Keep the Sabbath"!

No comments: