Tuesday, June 30, 2009

An interesting question to ponder...

Just started reading a book that I am not sure about... but eager to read to see what it is really about. The title caught my eye and I bought it. Reading the prologue, I had to work hard not to judge the author as a flaming liberal with an agenda going in a different direction than I want to go... but I continued reading because it is sometimes good to read books that go against the grain. They either stretch you or they cause you to be more settled on your perspectives. I assume some of both will happen.

In the book, the author asks a question that I think is worth considering.... "What kind of God did Jesus reveal?"

Part of why I think that is a good question, is that it forces us to look at Jesus' teachings, life, and ministry for HIS understanding of God. Too often, we are guided by OUR understanding of who God is, which sometimes is not the God that Jesus reveals!

No comments: