Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Getting Ready for the next two weeks....









We are getting ready for the next two weeks ... hosting 20 homeless men from Salisbury in our Ministry Center.

This week's preparations included a prayer gathering with the three churches that are working together... that was Tuesday night.
Then groceries have been acquired and the lobby transformed and final staffing needs filled.... still have one overnight that has no one to fill it...and I can't take it.... I already have four and the one that is needed is the night before I take Sharon to VA to help her sister as she returns home from hip replacement surgery on Thursday and I am scheduled to stay overnight on Thursday as well... no way I can do wednesday overnight, travel 8 hours on thursday and then spend Thursday overnight as well! But I am confident that it will soon be filled.
Also have several overnights that only have one person ... we had hoped to have two each night and will still work at that.
Bottom line... we are seeking to be the hands and feet of Jesus to some brothers that have a need.

No comments: