Monday, February 23, 2009

EXHAUSTED!

Just got home from the shelter a little bit ago and I am exhausted! It was a great night but it is taking it's toll on me!

Yesterday was a long day... got up at 5:15 a.m. arrived at the shelter at 6:45 to transition it... two worship gatherings and then a transition back... then lunch with Caroline at 1 p.m. and home to quickly wash the kitchen floor, so it could dry while no one was home. Left for Manassas to pick up Sharon and Emma... missed a turn on 495 and headed South on 95... did a u turn and followed a sign that said it was taking me to Rt. 66 and Dulles Airport... but that didn't happen, so I spent an hour driving down town D.C. ... right by the Jefferson Memorial, the Washington Monument, the Capital, the Pentagon... and a complete circle brought me to the Woodrow Wilson Bridge for the second time. Arrived in Manassas to pick up Sharon and Emma... got home around 10:15 and promptly left for the shelter. By 2:30 a.m. I was so tired I was falling asleep sitting up... went to the basement and took a half hour nap that turned into nearly an hour.

Came home ready to jump in bed for a long nap... and Sharon wasn't quite done getting ready for work, so, here I am typing while she is finishing and then I am off to bed...

I am grateful to be part of a church that is serving in this way! And I am grateful to have a warm bed in a house, that I co-own with the bank, to sleep in! One thing this shelter experience reinforces for me each year is how much I take for granted!

No comments: