Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Turning Heads...

We are definitely turning heads in our new neighborhood! Last night we literally turned heads. On our third trip with pews on trailers and in the back of 2 pickups, a lady who was walking her dog down Smith St. turned all the way around trying to see if that was really what she saw! And then when the next two vehicles passed by, she looked amazed! I wish I could know what she was thinking!

Also had an interesting experience as we were loading the first load. A lady stopped at the Smith St and South Blvd stop sign, rolled down her window and asked what we were doing with the pews. When I told her that they were going to another church, she gave the thumbs up... then she said, "I've spent many a nights sitting on those pews!" And I told her that we were replacing them with chairs and further invited her to join us for our July 1 opening. She said she would come!

Let's pray that God draws her in!

No comments: