Tuesday, May 8, 2007

A Strange Warning...


I don't often have nights like last night... I awoke in the early morning hours with a commanding thought that was very strong. I had seen the news of the day and am praying for the folks in Greensburg, Kansas... but was not aware that it was bothering me in any deep way that would awaken me from a good night's sleep.


But, in the early morning hours, I was awakened with this thought... the pictures of what happened in Greensburg is a picture of what happens in our lives if we live them outside of a relationship with Jesus. Without Jesus, we face that kind of nothingness and devastation at the end of life.


So, the question for me and for you is "How is our relationship with Jesus?" Jesus offers abundant and eternal life to those who believe in and follow him. And that picture will be so different from the picture of Greensburg. (I am NOT suggesting that Greensburg was punished by God! I am simply talking about the picture of nothingness and devastation.)
It goes without saying... that the people of Greensburg Kansas are in my prayers. They have suffered an immense loss and I am sure that putting it all back together again will be a long struggle.

1 comment:

KonaJeff said...

Nice post, Martin. Actually the night before the disaster, I had dreams of being somewhere where tornadoes were touching down all around me.

I don't know if this was a coincidence or God giving me an inspired dream. If its the latter, I'm not sure what to do with that thought.

Jeff