Wednesday, May 30, 2007

I'm getting old and FAT!


Got another early birthday gift today... the cookies from yesterday were history by this morning! And tonight when I got home from working at the ministry center, I found that I had a huge homemade chocolate cake with chocolate icing...decorated saying "Happy Birthday, Pastor Martin" THANKS to Karen Townsend for the DELICIOUS cake! Couldn't wait till my birthday to eat a corner piece... Guess it wasn't enough for her to feed me supper last night!


And more than that, I guess I am going to put on the pounds! Might share some of it, but only because it is so big!


Speaking of putting on the pounds... today I took Caroline's driver's ed registration to Peggy Pusey's Driving School.... Peggy taught me to drive MANY years ago! So, I stopped at the house to drop them off, rang the doorbell and it was clear that though I had seen her a few years ago, she had no clue who I was... so, I said to her, you don't know who I am do you... and she said, Now I do, Martin! You've put on some weight! YIKES! I guess she will really think I am putting on the weight after the birthday cookies from Martha and the Cake from Karen and the strawberry pie that my dear wife is making for me!
And NO I am NOT 211 years old... that was Emma's way of getting to 42... 2 +1+1 =4 and the 2 single candles makes 2... that's 42! I love her thriftiness!

No comments: