Sunday, July 19, 2009

God is Awesome...

Today as I was preaching and sharing lots of God encounters we have had here at Community of Joy over the last 10 years, I realized one of the benefits to long term pastorates is hanging around long enough to see God connect the dots that you have long since forgotten about, but in the process of following God, the connection happens.

It especially hit me when I realized that 9 years ago, we met a person, who came a while, but then stopped and then ultimately went to another church for a while... found the Lord there, but wanted to serve...so came back to CoJ and recently became a member and now her entire family comes... wouldn't have seen this if we hadn't hung around this long.

Can't wait to see what God does in the next ten years! I have this hunch that we are just on the cusp of some great things that God is doing!

1 comment:

Caryann said...

Very Happy I made the leap back! Prayed about it for some time then the door was opened again! Thank God for the push!