Friday, October 24, 2008

A scary feeling...

Went hunting last night and was successful in getting a doe....but when I went with my friend, after dark to track her .... we ended up getting LOST! She wound her way through a tangled thicket of laurel and when we turned to leave, we went the wrong way. Turns out that he didn't have his compass and I didn't have my GPS and the moon was not high enough to see, so we were in the THICK woods lost. We must have walked hundreds of yards in the wrong direction. Called another friend who has a key to the gate and he came to the field edge and blew his truck horn so we had some way of getting direction. When he did, we had to turn around and walk a LONG ways through the thick back in the opposite direction that we had gone. The amazing thing is that when we got to the edge of the woods... it was the EXACT spot where we walked in following the deer trail! That won't happen again in a hundred years!

We both were delighted to get out. Even if we have to go back this morning to get my deer and his cell phone (which we discovered he lost, when he went to call his wife to tell her we were lost!) Hope we find his cell phone quickly and don't get lost again... however if we do, I will have my GPS and should be no problem!

No comments: