Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The Ship Sunk....

Last night was the LAST meeting of the Eastern Shore Chapter of the NWTF. It is such a shame... it was the first chapter in the state of Maryland and was responsible for helping the Wild Turkey return to the shore. But due to politics from the national level and the opening of a new chapter last year in Delmar, just 6 miles away, the chapter was unable to find leadership for the future. I agreed to be president two years ago, with the hopes that we could chart a new course... but politics wins!

It's is sad to me that the ship sank on my watch, but then I have to remind myself that it had holes in the bow and stern when I took the wheel. It's a shame... something so good... ended... in large part due to greed.

We agreed last night to continue to work, though not through the NWTF, to host educational events for kids, introducing them to the great outdoors. Not sure when our first event will be but sure that it will be at Dick and Pat Hazel's farm in Eden... a farm that has been enhanced in great ways to educate children and expose children to the beauty of nature.

No comments: