Friday, August 31, 2012

It's Christ in You!

This morning I had an exchange with a friend who is going above and beyond to help someone who needs the help.  This above and beyond involves taking off work to do so.

After my friend lined up the materials needed, I was able to use Community of Joy's Renewing Joy Fund resources to purchase the materials.  I texted my friend and told him "thank you" and his response was "you are welcome, but what did I do?"

I texted him and said, "you are faithfully serving Christ Jesus".   He texted back and said, that I shouldn't give him too much credit.  And I responded that it wasn't him I was giving credit to... it was Christ in and through him.   That's what happens when we follow Jesus... he works in and through us so that we serve him by serving others!

In fact, I would say that evidence of being a follower of Jesus is when we serve Christ by serving others!

No comments: