Friday, August 17, 2012

A boldness of faith...

One of my favorited Bible verses is 1 Peter 3:15 "But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. "

Yesterday I was doing some visiting and one of the people I visited in the nursing home was telling me a neat story!  It really encouraged my spirit to hear it.

Seems that the church that was to come in to the home last Sunday to lead a worship time, was unable to come at the last minute.  A soloist came and was beside himself when he learned that he was the only one and had an hour to fill.  As soon as Rita heard the concern in the musicians voice, she spoke up and asked if he would like her to lead a testimony time and he said that would be great.   So, Rita began telling about a profound experience of God that she had earlier in life and that touched off a whole sequence of stories that others were willing to share.  Before long the time was filled and God was glorified.

What touched me was the boldness of faith that Rita exhibited and the response that it engendered from others.

What would you have done in a similar situation?

Even more touching was the other opportunities that Rita was telling me about that she has seen for sharing Jesus' love in the nursing home that is now her home.  That too encouraged me!   I call that making the most of whatever circumstance you find yourself in!  

Love it when God's people take steps of faith!

No comments: