Monday, August 27, 2012

A Week Away...

Just finished a week of vacation.  It is so good to get a break from the grind of pastoral ministry!  After 22 years of ministry, I am feeling the weight of the weekly grind and a week away is very helpful.

The week for me was filled with a variety of things.  For 4 days, I stripped wallpaper, readied walls and painted.   The entryway and hallway were the subjects of my work.  Not the most fun places to paint as it has baseboard, chair rail, crown moulding, and 8 doorway frames to paint.  I also painted the front door.  I am pleased with the results and may yet paint the 5 doors that are still plain wood. 

Then we headed to VA for a couple of days to help Caroline get moved into her College apartment.  That was lots of fun and good to see her settled in for her junior year at Bridgewater College.

The highlight of the week was being able to participate in worship at the Harrisonburg First Church of the Brethren yesterday where our neice was baptized.   As a pastor I am tied to being present at Community of Joy every Sunday except 5 a year.   And I find that we sometimes have to miss family events because we are unable to be present when they are on Sunday and a distance from where we live now.   Fortunately for us the baptism was the same week as Caroline's move in so we were able to attend!



No comments: