Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Out of the Blue...

Was not feeling real good about my sermon last Sunday!  It seemed to fall flat both times.   Yet, felt really led to preach it.

After the first gathering, I had several positive affirmations for the message... so, I thought ... maybe it wasn't as flat as I thought.   Then the second time, I got ahead of myself in my notes and didn't feel that I recovered very well.  Looking at folk's reactions is hard, but that didn't help my feeling of flat.

Then last night, I got a facebook message from someone, thanking me for preaching it and saying that it had hit them between the eyes.  That led to an interchange this morning and a promise of more conversation in the near future.   AMAZING how God works! 

I am grateful that it doesn't totally depend on me!  If I am faithful and do my part, get out of God's way, the Holy Spirit can take over and work in ways beyond my comprehension!  That's what is so neat about trusting the Spirit to work and watching for where it does!

Thanks be to God for the incredible, out of the blue gift of the Holy Spirit!

No comments: