Tuesday, January 10, 2012

It takes all of us!

Working on my "State of the Church" address for Sunday.

I plan to go in a different direction than in past years.... where I usually reflect on and celebrate all the things we have done throughout the year to fulfill our mission. 

This year, I plan to look at the passage in 1 Corinthians 12 where Paul talks about the Body of Christ being made up of many members yet being one.    Some things jump out at me...

1. God places us where he wants us!

2. God gives each of us a gift and role to play in the church.

3. ALL parts of the body are NEEDED!   We can't be who God has called us to be without YOU, if you are part of us!   It takes all of us to fulfill our role and complete the picture!

4.  No matter what limitations we face, there is SOMETHING that each of us can do!  Each of us has a role to play!!!

The question is ... will we play that role?

No comments: