Monday, January 9, 2012

Best Christmas Gift This Year!

Sharon and the girls gave me a 1/2 hour tension massage to see if it would help ease the tightness of my facial muscles due to the Bells Palsy that I have been dealing with since March 12.   I went for the first session on the Thursday after Christmas and found it to be wonderful.    I noticed an almost immediate benefit from the massage, so I scheduled a second visit last week and now am contemplating my third visit.  My right side facial muscles are spasming and twitching almost constantly now.  Through out the night last night as I slept, I was consious of the movement.  I don't totally understand why it has been so helpful, but I am grateful and wonder if I had gone sooner, would I have experienced the same benefit.   

I still can't whistle well.  And my eye goes shut when I move my jaw, but not tightly shut... that's progress!

No comments: