Thursday, September 9, 2010

So many thoughts...

So many thoughts are running through my mind right now!  And I don't have time to write about all of them!

First, I am elated at the turnout and prospects of The 4:18 Initiative that had it's first prayer and exploration gathering last night at Community of Joy.  There were 15 people representing 7 churches and 5 agencies that help homeless folks here in salisbury.  Our desire is to take steps toward begining to address the issue of homelessness in Salisbury by developing transitional housing and life skills coaching.  Next gathering is Sept. 29 @ 7:15 p.m. at CoJ Ministry Center.  All are welcome. 

Second, surely God smiles when churches work together!  I have long said that we need to do more together and now we are taking steps in that direction.  It is all about Jesus' Kingdom, not our kingdoms!

Third,  I am infuriated at the pastor in Florida who plans to burn the Koran... no way in the world Jesus would do such a thing or condone it and neither should we as his followers.  All I keep saying to myself is that this guy says he is going forward with his plans unless God speaks... and I say... how many ways does he need God to speak?  After all what pastor of a church of 30 people gets calls from the Pope, Army Generals, the FBI, or the President.  If only he would listen!

Fourth, thinking about Sunday's sermon... SEEDS!

Fifth, working on getting our Faith In Action Sunday projects together.  So we can Not Go to church on 10/10/10 but BE the church!

No comments: