Thursday, September 16, 2010

A Day Away is Good Medicine

Yesterday was the first day of Archery season here in Maryland and I was lucky enough to be able to spend it in Sika Country hanging in a tree!  Nothing clears my mind and refreshes my soul more than sitting out in the woods in a tree watching the sun come up and go down.  It was a beautiful day.  No cell phone.  No computer.  No other distractios (other than the airplane that flew tree top high right over my head and then proceeded to fly straight lines about a hundred yards apart for the entire width of the peninsula I was on.)  Saw 13 turkeys and 7 Sika... heard all kinds of birds.  Even had a sharp-shinned hawk come directly at my face.  I moved a bit when he was less than 10 feet away and he shot upward quickly - Thank God for that!

It is good for all of us to take time away from the normal routines of life!  It brings a new perspective on life!

No comments: